Pages

Thursday 8 January 2009

confuse 1

till now, i still couldn't understand how people could address their own selves with the same pronoun in every situation with different people.

i always struggle whenever i talk to people. i just don't know which pronoun would suit me so that the person i talk to won't feel awkward... that's the case when i talk to one person at one time. imagine the difficulty whenever i'm in a crowd. i FREQUENTLY stumble if i need to share something with a group of individuals for whom i address myself with different pronouns.

should i use, 'aku', or 'saya', or 'tirah' or....OR?? i just couldn't find the one that would suit everyone. uff!

That's not all. What terrifies me most is when i need to talk to A PERSON of whom i'm not sure what he/she feels comfortable to be addressed with. If he/she wants to be called by their name, like Abang Mir or Zati (hehe, for example je), i would think that i should also use my name when i talk to them.

For example, "Zati, Zati selesa Tirah panggil Zati Zati ke, guna 'aku ngko'?"... i don't want him/her to feel uncomfortable. That's why i tried to at least match how we call each other. Or, it just me being paranoid...inferior perhaps? When i couldn't stand it anymore, i would just clarify with the person on how she/he would want to be addressed with. hohoho (^0^)v

ok. what if the person in front of me is someone who's not the same age as me?? 'hek eleh. ni pun nak cerita.' Yelah! This is another headache for me. ishk.

For example, my cousin Abang Mir, is one year older than me. When we were young (still young now heheh), we would just call each other by our names, e.g. "Abg Mir, ibu suruh Kak Long (me) tanya Abg Mir nak makan nasi tak?!!". He replied, "Cakap Abg Mir makan kejap lagi."
Ok. Nowadays, he just use 'aku' to address himself when he talks to me. He called me 'mu' (terengganu nyer short form of -kamu-). Me? I just don't know which personal pronoun i should use. haiya~~ sigh*.

maybe...maybe, i should ask him the same question i asked to zati? ...yeah, yeah ...i should, if he's online.

5 komentar:

zatiMJ said...

haha.kan da dpt persetujuan aku-ngko. tp ms kat clarks village tu rasa nye still guna zati-tirah kot. haha. xprasan. skrg br tingat. mane2 je tirah. aku/zati tak kesah.

minimainimira said...

guna je yg mana ko selesa tirah..
bukan dorg yg selesa.:p
bila masing2 selesa baru la conversation tu smooth jer.
benda kecik je..jgn dipikirin.

Athirah Dahman said...

hahaha aku selalu suka pikir banyak2...mende tak payah pikir pun aku nak pikir jugak ngeee..~~thanks~~

Anonymous said...

sapa gitu me tirah mikir...haha...dok penoh pulok terfikir mende2 gini...kite dua ckp 'saya awak' kan?muahahha

Athirah Dahman said...

ye yana. kite memang cakap 'saya awak'. sebab awak nyer pronoun x berubah walau dengan sape pun awak cakap. heheh

Post a Comment