Pages

Friday 24 April 2009

religion and daily life

I went to St Paul Primary School for my second school experience here. Just to let you know, it's a catholic school.

What fascinates me most was the scene where the children recited their prayers in chorus, lead by the class teacher. Before and after lunch, they recited : "Thank you Lord for giving me the food...etc". They even recited their prayers before and after lessons. WOW. I do 'heart' this kind of atmosphere :)

I remember those kind of routine existed during my school years, but I never appreciated it before. I remember reciting the du'a in chorus during my kindergarten years; I remember there was always a friend of mine who was on duty to lead the du'a before and after school during primary years. And finally, when it came to secondary school, everyone should be gathering in the assembly area before the school started; and yes, there'd be a guy standing on the podium to recite the du'a which we (I, personally) didn't even care to listen carefully. oh what a retard (me)~~

Oh, the school celebrated St George's day on the last 23rd April. Some of the children from my Year 2 class were chosen to deliver their thank you notes. One of them said, "Thank you Lord for giving me the chance to learn and giving me Mrs Morris. Thank you Lord."

Mrs Morris is the TA in my class, a very responsible and caring aged lady. She helped me a lot during my visits there. Her kindness do make an impact to the children's school experience I dare say; a positive one. :)

But, these are Year 2 students.

I wonder what will happen to these young learners when they grow up. Will what they have practiced during school become part of their later life? Will they practice their religion in the way their teachers have taught them?

But one thing for sure; you can't separate your religion from your life. It should be your way of life. God is not only watching you when you're in the religious gatherings; He watches you ALL THE TIME.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment