Pages

Thursday 30 April 2009

an act of prevention

What kind of teaching approach do you prefer?

Dictatorship?
Autocratic?

I remember those 'cikgu yang yang sangat garang'. I remember how punishments made me more cautious with my actions.

Punishment is an act of prevention. If you don't want to be punished, don't do it. Simple.

"If you miss the full-stops or the capital letters, I'll rip the page off." herk. Is the teacher being mean? (Situation in one of my school visit in Plymouth.)

I remember my Science teacher (let's call him Mr. A) in SKSS1, when I was in Year 6. There were a number us who didn't finish drawing 12 pictures of 'Hukum Tuas'. Mr. A asked the first student, "Berapa gambar kamu tak siap?" and the boy answered, "one". BEDEBUK! Mr. A gave the boy a full-swing slap on the back. The sound of the contact was enough to tell you how powerful the slap was. Mr. A went to the next person. "Berapa?", and the girl answered, "three". BUK! BUK! DBUK! Three times on her back. One for each picture. I stared at my science book. I only managed to draw three. Nine pictures were missing.... (T_T)

I remember my Physics teacher in SMKSS. He ripped my report about one of the experiments. 4 papers; 7 full pages. He returned the pieces to me with a smile. But, I took his challenge, and did a better report. I remember, half of the class were late for his class; arrived a few seconds after he went into the lab. He didn't let us in; locking the door from inside. But we know, it's a very important topic, and we needed to get the notes. Mr. T's notes. So, we peeked through the windows, and copied down the charts from the blackboards (there were 4blackboards!) and his verbal notes. After 30 minutes, he let us in. Phew...

....

Why am I telling you this? Oh ye, 'an act of prevention'. If you don't want to be punished, don't do it. Simple.

If you don't want to be locked outside the classroom, don't come late to class, etc.

....

Allah had already warned us in the Qur'an about his punishments to those who disobey Him. But, did we fear what Allah has prepared for those who disobey His commands? We know Allah never break His promise nor lie. Allah has mentioned that his punishments are beyond human's imagination. Muslim recorded that Abu Ishaq narrated from An-Nu`man bin Bashir that the Messenger of Allah said:

"Verily, the lightest punishment received by the people of the Hellfire will be a man who will have two sandals whose straps will be made of fire that will cause his brain to boil just as a cauldron boils. Yet he will not think that anyone is receiving a torment more severe than him, even though he will be receiving the lightest punishment of them."

But, little did we realize that Allah's punishments is but an act of prevention. If you don't want to taste the hellfire, submit to Allah with full submission. When Allah mentioned Jannah in the Qur'an, how many of us wanted to be in the beautiful paradise? Allah had described the paradise as beautiful as the human mind could imagine (though the Jannah is also beyond human's wildest imagination...). But, how many of us are willing to sacrifice the dunnia for the eternal happiness in Akhirah? Think. Allah's love for His creations is greater than the love of any teacher to the student, or any mother to the child.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment