Pages

Saturday 25 April 2009

sayonara jahiliyyah

I went to a Spring Camp last month, with a few of my friends.

There was a segment called 'Sayonara Jahiliyyah', and the content was delivered by one of the ikhwah (brother). I bet most of us know what 'sayonara' means. But, what is Jahiliyyah? It means anything that is not Islamic. So, in short, the title of segment invited us all to say goodbye to all the things that is not Islamic.

He said, jahiliyyah is like a chewing gum. It makes you stumble along your journey. That's what chewing gum does when it sticks to the shoe sole.

I know most of us had at least an experience with the annoying chewing gum. There would always be the 'chirt~chirt~' sound and there would be a few seconds of interruption when you walk. When you finally fed up with it and wanna clean your shoes, you have to SCRAP it off. Otherwise, you'll be frustrated and might even want to stop from going to your destination.
*********************
I spent nearly two weeks for muhasabah diri. I spent more time reading the Qur'an, more time on the praying mat... but at the same time, I stopped reading comics and stopped watching the dramas and movies.

Somehow, the next few days, I went back to my old routine (spending hours watching the movies/dramas and catching up with the mangas). And I realize, I wasn't paying attention during my salah; I kept on rushing to finish the rakaat, so that I could continue watching all those dramas/movies. I even skipped reading the Qur'an for the sake of the mangas. Ungrateful servant, am I, Ya Allah?

Slowly, I tried to fight the urge of rushing my salah or my Qur'an recitation. It annoys you a little, and pains you a whole lot. Because your heart is normally being fulfilled with those kind of things, and any change made would hurt a little bit. IT'S LIKE SCRAPPING THE WHOLE CHEWING GUM OFF FROM YOUR SHOE SOLE. Use any kind of method (bleach, knife, berus sabut?, etc); you'll experience bruises and cuts all over; BUT, at the end, insyaAllah, your SOUL will be as good as new. You'll become a better muslim.



Whatever things that keep you away from your ibadah, is the chewing gum. It just a matter of keeping it in or scrapping it off your soul.

3 komentar:

Anonymous said...

Hanya mampu menangis & minta maghfirah dari Allah. Jazakillahu khayran kathira ya ukhti

iLOVEu

minimainimira said...

hee video kita sama..
anyway,insyaAllah kalo kita betul2 letakkan Allah swt sebagai matlamat kita dalam semua ibadat,mesti kita boleh kan?
aku pun rasa susah kadang2.tp bila dh paksa diri pd permulaan,berterusan pun akan menjadi kebiasaan dh nnt..

>_<

miyudinah said...

salam tirah.
sori komen dok kait ngan entri.lame sungguh awok dok update?gane cite leni?

Post a Comment